Wednesday, April 18, 2018

My Fieldwork Experience



What the experience taught me:
-This experience was amazing. Field work this semester was by far the most stressful, yet beneficial task I have taken part of thus far. This was my second time ever teaching in front of an entire class and peers. It was extremely nerve wracking getting up in front of the class and teaching, not just because of the students, but because our peers were watching us. After about 5 minutes of teaching, it just felt so natural. The class was highly engaged, and energetic. I remember being so sad when it was over because I felt as if we put SO much work into just a couple hours, and it was already over! Having our peers watch us is rather intriguing because I loved hearing their comments at the end. When I was the peer, I remember taking notes of things I could do in the future. Then before we left, Dr. Smirnova would give us some pointers on what we could have done better. Some things I need to work on is saying "guys" and speaking with a proper tone and not raising my voice. When we raise our voice, the class just gets louder, but when we speak softly, they quiet down. I also learned the importance of knowing what you are talking about before you present in front of a room full of people. Field work was just such a great experience, and I can't wait to do it again next semester!
Planning

Implementing planning
 - Getting to know the class helped extremely well in implementing what we wanted to be taught.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicole! I agree getting up to teach infant of a whole class of 5th graders and our peers was quite nerve racking, but once I forget about who is in the room I felt right at home. This class of fifth graders were really great and I couldn't have asked for a better class to teach. I am very happy with the work our group did.

    ReplyDelete